Monday, June 13, 2005

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed to the point that I'm not even sure I have time to write this. I have way too much to do and not enough time to do it. To top it off - my dog has been sick, and I got food poisoning last night that kept me up until about 3 AM, and I still haven't been able to eat today - ugh.
Why am I stressing?? Hmmm...here are the reasons:
1) Grad school - I have two classes now and I will pick up one more in about 2 weeks. I still haven't started on my research report (which I'm sure my professor is wondering why he hasn't gotten an email from me updating him on my progress - oh, b/c there ISN'T ANY PROGRESS).
2) I leave for Lancaster in one week and one day. I haven't done any prep for it - including lesson plans that I need to revise. I have to take Jedi to my brother's this weekend, but I still have house stuff that needs to be done before I take him.
3) My yard is a wreck - all this d*** rain. The weeds are loving it, my grass feels like it's knee-high and my poor plants need fertilizer.
4) My house is a wreck - and I can't even blame it on the rain. I hate to come home to a messy house in 4 weeks, but I don't think I will have a choice.
5) Did a I mention grad school?? That's the major stress right now. It's killing me. What the H*** was I thinking??????

On the flip side, once I get to Lancaster, I know I will be able to relax and enjoy, even though I will technically be working. I will have a friend with me this year, and PA is beautiful in the summer. That's why I'm stressing about grad school - I know I will have limited time to work while I am there, so I am busting my a** trying to work ahead (all my courses are online this summer) so if I can't work while I am there, then I won't be behind in the course and can lay off for a few weeks until I get back in July. Right now, I'm about 1 week off from where I need to be. Ugh.

BTW - food poisoning sucks. I didn't throw up, altho God knows my stomach wanted to. In retrospect, I probably should have. I think it would have helped and I wouldn't have been up so long with the other end going every 10-15 minutes (NOT exaggerating here in the least). BAD, BAD, BAD crab!!! Yes, I had steamed crab last night. On the flip side, at least mine cleared PDQ - my friend that feasted with me last night has been feeling it all day today (and she ate more than I did) and is pretty much miserable. Well, misery loves company, but I wouldn't wish food poisoning on my worst enemy - but maybe on my ex- and his new wife.....

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, June 13, 2005, Blogger PC said...

You didn't throw up? I'm impressed. That last time I had it, I was soo sick I can’t even explain how much of what was coming out both ends of me for hours, while covered in sweat, and curled up in a ball on a tile floor in the bathroom, whenever I could get off the toilet… I’m getting sick just remembering it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home