Friday, October 27, 2006

To trust or not to trust? That is the real question

Things have been progressing well between D and I. Which makes me scared. And happy. But now, mostly scared.

Why is it that everytime something seems to "fall into place" for me, I find out something that fucks it up? Pardon the language - little tired and just about ready to have a complete breakdown.

How do you really know you can trust someone? How do you find out if they lied to you about something? If you do find out, what do you do about it? Do you confront it? Sit back and see if the situation resolves itself? Lie to yourself and tell yourself, "it wasn't that big of a deal, he's worth it"? How do you make the pain you feel in your heart go away when you discover the lie?

Do all men lie? I'm just curious. I've blogged about this before. I think men, in general, are incapable of telling the truth. Maybe they think they won't get caught? Or, maybe they are just really good at lying even more about it when they do get caught and we (women) are desperate to believe them. Or do they think lying isn't that big a deal?

I just drove (last weekend) 9 hours (18 round trip) to see D. He said everything went well - we talk everyday - several times a day. He says he can't wait to see me. He calls me, I'm not just calling him every time. He says he's in it "for the long haul". I've met his parents. He's coming up over Thanksgiving to meet mine. Then, tonight, I think he lied to me - about something pretty important. How do I deal with this? I've fallen for this guy. Very fast, and very hard. I want to be with him more than anything, and my heart actually hurts. What do I do?

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, July 26, 2008, Blogger The Rowdy Republican said...

If he lies about the little things then he will lie about the big ones...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home