Friday, February 25, 2005

Serious determination!!

My friend who lives here in town is absolutely amazed by me lately. I don't think she has ever really seen me in my "truly determined" mode. My other friend that I talked to today commented on it - she knew something was up - I've got "my blinders on". They say that dogs and owners tend to resemble each other over time? Yep - it's true. Jedi, when interested in something, will literally ignore the entire world (even food - and yes, he's a full bred Lab!), until he is satisfied or content. I'm the same way. So the question is.....did he get that from me, did I get it from him, or we are just both OCD personalities?? (and I got lucky when I picked him out!). Hmmmm....not really sure I can answer that one - or really want to - I'm having too much fun.
I may not know where I am going to end up in the next couple of years, but I can definitely say that right now, I know HOW I'm getting to where ever it is I am going to! lol I've finally figured out (for the moment) what I am doing, why I am doing it and how I'm going to get it done - it is SUCH a wonderful feeling!!! I've spent a lot of my life and time focusing on what others want or need or perceive about me - I'm finally focusing on me and my needs and it feels really, really good. Not to say that I'm being selfish - or stuck up or rude in any way - I'm just no longer concerned about what others think - I can't control others so what's the point? But, I can control me and what I do, so I'm going to do it. If someone doesn't like it - too bad - it's MY LIFE!!!! :-D

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, February 26, 2005, Blogger Sascha said...

We've all got a little OCD in us girlfriend. Just gotta pick your battles and not be OCD about everything in life :)

 
At 3:52 PM, February 28, 2005, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said...

Let me know what is ahead. I seem to be following you along lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home