Friday, August 29, 2008

Back on track?

After an incredibly long and very rough week, complete with a total meltdown Wednesday night (which really shouldn't have happened since I went to the gym & worked out & that normally improves my mood tremendously), I think I might be back on track. Maybe.
I've made one of my "infamous" lists - and I'm grateful for the long weekend. Not just to get things done, but to get back on some reasonable schedule. I've been feeling overwhelmed, and I KNOW I've taken on too much (again), but I know I'll get through it, and I know I'm not alone. Prioritizing needs to happen - now. I started some of that tonight. I also realized that I need to be sure I schedule "me" time - whether that be reading, the gym, walking - whatever. Realistic goals with room for hiccups.
This was just a post to more or less remind myself that I need to continually review, renew and refresh myself & my time. This is something I know (both consciously & unconsciously) to do and how to do it, but the oxymoron of it is that I need to schedule TIME to do it - sounds silly - scheduling time to schedule my time. But, it's not really that silly.
On the flip side, for kicks (and just to check it out) I played around with Rosetta Stone tonight. Our school district pays for a subscription - and I've known it's been there for over a year now, so I just decided to check it out to see if I like it. I'm grateful that I took French in high school/college. Although I didn't use the French course (I want to learn Italian), I have a basic understanding of the semantics/grammar - the masculine/feminine forms that I learned in French apparently are present in all the "romance" languages. I went through about 7 or 8 lessons in the first unit. I get the listening, reading & writing pretty well - my biggest problem has been speaking the language. I really like the recording thing that it does - then it rates how well you did. It also has a special "just speaking" kind of lesson/unit area as well. So, after I go through the basics, I'll probably have to do that just to get the speaking down. There's no time frame here - I'm not going to Italy anytime soon, but this is also something "fun" that I want to be sure I schedule for that "me-time" that needs to happen. Even if I just spend 10 minutes a day on it. It took my mind off of everything while I was working on it - which helped a lot tonight :)

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, September 02, 2008, Blogger TheVoice said...

Hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home