Friday, July 08, 2005

Smurf-sized panty-liners

Okay, I know I have other stuff to blog about that's going on here in PA, but I had an obsessive need to share the smurf-sized panty-liner story today. I should also mention that I am procrastinating writing my evaluations while I eat my illegal peanut M&M's (we are the peanut-free site and are not supposed to have peanuts of any kind on campus - which of course means we all begin craving them by the end of the second week).

So, they gave us this little "first-aid" bag during orientation in case a "kid gets a papercut to save the health office from a 1" thick amount of paperwork". So, today, I poke myself with a freaking scalpel blade. Nothing serious, but it WAS bleeding, so I needed to wash it off, put ointment on and a band-aid. And, fortunately (or so I thought) I had my first-aid baggie in my backpack. So, I look for the band-aid. WTF were they thinking???? It's an ADHESIVE BANDAGE OVER 5 FREAKING INCHES LONG. For a PAPERCUT????? What did the paper cut - a four inch long gash in their head?? So, me, in my infinite wisdom and tired brain state held it up to the class and asked why on earth the idiots in the health office gave me a maxi-pad made for a smurf. Yeah, the class pretty much lost it at that point. But, it was incredibly funny and I was pretty pissed off about it. My TA found me a normal sized band-aid. But, if a smurf does actually show up to my class and is needing a sanitary napkin, I'm all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home