Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookies

My dad came over today - we made cookies :) I should rephrase that - I baked them, he helped "decorate" with the icing, sprinkles and M&M's. My brother is in Afghanistan - so he is sending them over to him. I'm really hoping my brother is hungry! It made about 4 and 1/2 dozen!

I will say that I absolutely hate that my brother is there. I know what he is doing is important, but it doesn't change the fact that he is away from his family for 6 months and missing every major event (Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays). He is no longer even in the Army - he does military support with a civilian company. My sister-in-law says it's good money. Even so - is it really worth it? It makes me wonder - how important is it really? I know he enjoys what he does, but is it worth risking your life? He's allowed to wear body armor, but because he is technically a civilian (even though he is on a military base) he is not allowed to carry a weapon to defend himself. I think that upsets me more than anything else.

At any rate, cookies are made. I'm sure the guys he works with will get a few - or more than a few. Even with my brother's sweet tooth, I REALLY don't think he can eat 54 cookies (and they are NOT small) by himself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home