Sunday, October 19, 2008

An AMAZING week

I just got back late last night from the NABT conference in Memphis. Wow. and then, Wow. On Thursday morning, we had a general session where one of the co-authors of the IPAC report on Climate Change (aka Global warming) spoke. Oh, and by the way, the IPAC committee shared the 2007 Nobel Prize with Al Gore for their work climate change/global warming. So, I got to hear a nobel laureate speak. Wow.
Then, it got better - as if that were possible. Friday night, the keynote speaker at the banquet was Jean-Michel Cousteau - son of Jacques Cousteau - the inventor of scuba and who could, quite honestly, possibly be called the "father of marine science" for as much as he did to bring the oceans to everyone in such an amazing way. Wow. again.
So, the nerd in me had an unforgettable week. It was just plain amazing. The conference was fantastic and really geared towards inquiry-based instruction and learning (very constructivist, which I've discovered I AM!), and some really great sessions and ideas that I'm bringing back. I, of course, got no work done whatsoever, and I know tomorrow will be hell, but I really don't care! It was fantastic.

Only one small drawback - taxi drivers in Memphis SUCK and try to rip you off. Just an FYI if you ever fly in there. Rent a car - it will probably be cheaper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home