Sunday, May 17, 2009

Realization - a big step

I just realized something this morning - I've gotten better at "mingling."
I had a meeting/presentation to attend this past week. Normally, I'm very shy and a "wallflower" when I'm in situations with large groups - even in areas I'm comfortable in (like national/state conferences that I attend regularly). I normally find someone I'm comfortable around and stay near them the entire time. I don't know where this "fear" came about as I was once very outgoing in high school. Anyways, I realized this morning that at this meeting - I didn't stay near my friend that was with me - I branched out on my own and did what I wanted to do :) Now, it could very well be that I knew many of the "helpers" (not presenters) so I had a higher comfort level - but either way - it's a big step forward for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home