Friday, July 22, 2005

50 things

I ran across another blog today that listed "50 things I hate" - well, hate is such a strong word, so I decided to do 50 things that I love instead. This is a mindless, senseless list, and feel free to NOT leave comments. For me, when I'm having a rough day, I can look back on this and find something to smile about :)

1. I love my family - my real family and my extended family (step-sisters I inherited through my dad's remarriage). I really, really love and miss my dad.
2. I love my dog - Jedi (gee, that's a no brainer!)
3. I love my cat - Jasmine
4. I love my friends - B, R, E, C
5. I love to work in my yard, even when it's hot outside.
6. I love lying in bed when it's pouring down rain outside and reading a really good book.
7. I love hot showers - even in the summertime.
8. I love science - I am a nerd.
9. I love learning new things - the main reason I am back in grad school.
10. I love the smell of rain in the fall outside in a forest - everything looks and smells cleaner.
11. I love being at the beach, closing my eyes and listening to the sounds of the surf.
12. I love listening to Jimmy Buffet
13. I love walking - with my dog of course!
14. I love how my house is decorated - and the fact that it is mine and no one else's :)
15. I love being single right now.
16. I love the fact that I can take care of and support myself, and that I have been doing so for 4 years now.
17. I love fantasy and sci-fi movies - I like to just spend the night in watching movies.
18. I love some of my former students as if they were my own.
19. I love my nephews and niece and my two favorite step-nephews, whom I treat as if they are my real ones.
20. I love where I grew up and the fact that I lived in the same house and didn't move for 15 years.
21. I love my dog - I know, it's a repeat, but it's important!
22. I love walking barefoot on the beach and feeling the warm sand between my toes.
23. I love sharks - I think they are incredible animals.
24. I love hiking in the rain in the woods.
25. I love that I am healthy and am able to get up, out of bed and function each day on my own.
26. I love the Caribbean and wish I could go on vacation more often to see the parts of it I haven't seen yet.
27. I love that I am back in school and working towards two degrees to help me in life.
28. I love that I am putting myself through school.
29. I love that I am independent and that I do not ask for help from others unless there is no other way for me to do what needs to be done.
30. I love my department chair - she's my second mom and gives me tons of good advice.
31. I don't know if I "love" this - but I'm glad my husband left me and we got a divorce. I don't think I would be as strong and happy as I am now if we had stayed together. I am glad we split and he doesn't speak to me - I don't need him or want him.
32. I love that I am strong enough to get through the problems life has thrown at me.
33. I love that my friends are there to support me and not judge me as I make mistakes.
34. I really, really love and miss my dad.
35. I love what I do right now, but I am looking forward to moving on in the world and enjoying another career.
36. I love Disney movies.
37. I love taking pictures - if I had enough money to quit my job and support myself, I think I would take up photography full time - especially nature photography.
38. I love any type of ocean animal - they are all really cool.
39. I love planning for the future and accomplishing my goals and dreams - it makes me feel stronger and as though I am making a difference in my life and the lives of others.
40. I love that my friends trust me and ask for my opinion and support as they go through rough times or good times.
41. I love birdwatching - birds are cool and I like to watch them at the feeder in my backyard.
42. I love being outside on a "winter's" day in Florida.
43. I love sitting out back on my porch in my chair my dad made for me - reading or talking on the phone or just enjoying being outside.
44. I love that I am becoming a "girl" and I'm beginning to take more time for me - and that I am not doing it for a "guy" or anyone else - just me.
45. I love that I have gone beyond the stage where I think (and I did think this at one point) that I "need" a man to take care of me.
46. I love watching my roses bloom.
47. I love and miss Irene - she was a big part of my life and my adopted grandmother.
48. I love doing things around the house - painting, fixing, adding new stuff - I love that I can do most of these things on my own without help now.
49. I love sitting in a bookstore or a library and just relaxing and reading a good book.
50. I love exercising and working out and I am thankful that I am able to do these things to stay healthy.

So, that's my list - I could probably think of 100 things, but that would take time and I ....sigh.... have housework and grad school work and school work to do this evening. There are other things floating around in my brain right now - and I am beginning to get my focus back, which is great. So, my next post will have to be on my "mission" - after all, that's the name of my blog and I have yet to write about it in 7 months! Yikes! Where did the time go??

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger PC said...

I should make a list like that sometime, things I love... Not sure I'd blog it, and I'm not sure I could come up with that many.

Cool.

 
At 5:35 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger seaslover said...

PC - you could and you will and I hope you blog about it. I was feeling a little melancholy tonight, so that's why I did it tonight - made me feel better as I remember things that I love and have good memories about - made me smile :) Smiles to you!! I know there are many things out there that you love - write them down! - j

 
At 4:25 PM, August 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too!!!!!!!!!!!
"B"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home