Thursday, April 28, 2005

Excuses, excuses

Okay, so my friend and I have class together on Thursday nights for our Master's degree program that we are both in. Since classes ended last week, we agreed that we would devote the time we normally spend in class on Thursday nights at the gym together instead. Since we are already used to doing the Thursday night (and Tuesday night - but different classes) thing, we figured that we could do this.
So, I call her at work and ask "What time are we meeting?" since we didn't specify. I also mention that I can't go to the movie afterwards with her and co-workers b/c I played last night and didn't finish some work that needed to be done. Her response: I need to stay and finish this up and I'll just go at 10:30 after the movie. Hmm....yeah, okay - she won't go. I know her WAY to well. She's pulled this kind of thing on me before. We make plans to go walking or go to the gym and either she doesn't go by canceling at the last minute, or she shows up late. So, the excuses have started already. I guess the only reason this really ticks me off is b/c she mentioned on the phone that she is going to stay late tomorrow and work and leave town on Saturday morning instead so she can finish this project she is working on. So, if she's staying late tomorrow, why can't she go to the gym tonight???
Me - I'm still going. I need to get my a** on the treadmill again. My short term goal is to run a 5K within the next 6 months or sooner (sooner is obviously better, but I'm not a runner, so I'm giving myself time to mold myself into one....). Plus, I DISCOVERED YOGA LAST NIGHT!!! Wow - what a stress reliever. I am HOOKED!! There is a class tomorrow night that I am going to as well - different instructor, but I don't care. Also, I need something to help "lengthen" me. I went to my doctor on Tuesday and they did my height and I am 5' 8.5" - WTF!!!! I was 5'10" in college - I've lost an inch and a half in 10 years???? So, time to work on this whole posture thing - I like being tall. I used to hate it as a kid, but now I love it. So, time to run (literally) and then do the "rack" class (aka yoga - you know - the old medieval rack where they stretched you out until you screamed, but with heavy breathing instead of screaming in yoga :) okay, let's not go any further with THAT thought right now! lol) tomorrow :) No excuses for me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home