Sunday, May 01, 2005

Light!

There is light at the end of the tunnel - I have 20 more days of hell - aka school - and we are DONE! Actually, I'm taking more than a few days off (gotta use the time up!), so it's more like 18 or 16 more days that I actually have to get my a** out of bed early to get to work. Yes, it's now officially called "work". I enjoy my advanced kids that I teach, but I will not shed a single tear to see my regular kids leave. I had one call me a bitch, to my face, in class. Yeah, he's been a pain in my ass all year. It took everything I had to NOT jump up and down and scream for joy at the top of my lungs when I signed his withdrawal paperwork earlier this week - I'm just a touch happy that he is gone! lol
I actually have to work a full five day week this week. But, next week I'm taking Monday off, and I think I'll take Friday off too - why not? If the weather's nice - I may hit the beach, or do something productive around the house, or work in my yard. The options are ENDLESS when you have a day off :-D
That's it - the official countdown has begun. I've never, in 10 years of teaching, been so happy to have a school year end. This, by far, was my worst year on record for dealing with crap and rotten kids. Hence, the two master's degrees so I can eventually move OUT of working directly with students and possibly work more with adults in education instead :)

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, May 01, 2005, Blogger Sascha said...

Don't know if you check out the other blogs linked at mine, but if you haven't, you should check out Mr K's Blog. He's a high school teacher and has some funny stories. You guys may be able to relate a bit.

 
At 6:38 PM, May 02, 2005, Blogger N.F. said...

So, should I rethink my plans to become a teacher? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home