Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Random Acts Day!

So, I had the opportunity to do not one, but TWO random acts of kindness today :) I seem to get the opp for one - and always take it :) but two within a 20 min span of time is unheard of in my world!
First, outside Publix, an older gentleman in the passenger side of the car dropped his drink (looked like ice water). I heard something hit the ground, and was mid-way to the sidewalk. He was trying to reach it and obviously could not - so, I went up and picked it up, mentioned that the straw had hit the ground and would he just like me to throw it away - he said that would be good :) So, I went into the deli department and found the guy in there that knows me pretty well and asked if I could just pay for the cup to get some ice water for the guy. He said don't worry about paying and just to do it :) So, I got outside just in time to give it to him before his driver pulled away :) His smile was worth it :)
Second - as I was leaving, a man and his VERY young daughter were in front of me in line. He was leaving and just as I was checking out, I noticed a slip on the counter for $50. I thought - Oh, he forgot his receipt and got cash out - NOPE! He had a Home Depot gift card under that receipt for $50!!! Have I ever mentioned that HD is my toy shoppe???? I called him back and he thanked me profusely - looked VERY relieved to have it back! I jokingly said something about that being my toy shoppe and I'm glad I'm an honest person - he looked at me and said - "it's mine too!" - we laughed for a second and he thanked me again :)
Good feeling today! Rest of life may be going rough - but this made up for it :)
D and I are still good - typing this from his place now :)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, May 20, 2010, Blogger Karlo Toreles said...

i would like be the man in the history
.....
maybe

 
At 7:49 PM, June 02, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intresting post! It's funny how, knowing that "acts of kind" make as feel so good as to post them in our blog, we sometimes don't do them, and i asked myself why?! If deep inside we NOW that they make us feel happy, maybe we loose some money (as in your experience that you were ready to pay for the ice water), but it pay off! So then, why don't we leave making acts of kind!!??

 
At 8:36 PM, June 28, 2010, Blogger kimberly here said...

I thought this post was sweet. It's good to know that there are still people out there that do good things just to help others.

 
At 4:00 PM, July 06, 2010, Blogger Avi said...

I think it's sweet. Random Acts of kindness seem so rare these days! Love it!

 
At 5:59 PM, July 07, 2010, Anonymous Kristan Corl said...

I had to do a Random acts of Kindness project my senior year and it was cool. Good job.

 
At 8:29 AM, July 21, 2010, Blogger Stephanie said...

i think it is nice, its rare to hear about these stuffs these days!!

 
At 5:09 PM, July 23, 2010, Blogger JimarGraham said...

follow me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home