Saturday, August 07, 2010

Selling the house????

So, D is out of town again :P and we've had some ups and downs - mostly ups. We've repainted the bedroom :) and today his neighbor helped put a new ceiling fan up. It's a surprise for him when he gets back. We've been looking for a while, and we both looked up and LOVED this one. It's actually the floor model b/c it has been discontinued - and it was a PAIN IN THE A** to get the Depot to sell it to me! OMW! SSSSSSOOOOOO, I finally got it and picked it up. It looks amazing! I'm missing him right now :( will probably go over and do some more work around his place tomorrow - mostly the yard and if I'm feeling ambitious enough, I might pressure wash the driveway - I've already done the deck and mailbox - we joked about it once, so I thought, "why not?" - I need to stay busy this weekend/week while he's gone.
So, I'm thinking about selling my house. I'm pretty much living at D's anyways, so it seems reasonable. I just don't know how to approach him about it. If it's a 'no', then I need to start staying here a little more often - not sure how that's going to work since I'm also teaching night school, and I would need dog care after school - so I'd probably have to get a service....sigh..... would really just rather move in with him and use the equity in my place and put it into his house - it has SO much potential! I know it's his house, but I want to make it our home.
So, before he left, I mentioned that it might be a good idea for us to discuss 'logistics' especially since school has begun and there's the issue of work clothes and shoes. I've been bumming around in shorts/t-shirts/sneakers all summer and those don't take up much room. His response was positive and said I shouldn't worry and we would work it out. The biggest issue is all the antiques his mom collected - they aren't family heirlooms, so I would like to help him get them cleaned out. I'm sure that he could sell them for a ton of money as well.
Can't wait for him to come back - I've really missed him this week! I know he's having a good time and it's a trip he's planned for a while - just want him back safe and sound :)

3 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, August 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

i think its not good idea

good post i like it http://www.bbbux.info

 
At 12:13 AM, September 08, 2010, Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't begin to say how bad an idea it is to sell your house and put the equity in a house your not on the DEED to. If this guy is so fantastic let him ask you to move in, don't rush it and offer all your money too. Smart money is to rent your house, especially in this market and use the cash flow to cover expenses as well as have a retirement income. Just 1 rental house is a retirement, I mean your not seriously counting on Social Security are you? Good Luck.
Kathleen

 
At 12:20 AM, April 10, 2011, Blogger Longineswatch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home