Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Feast or famine

Well, it always seems like a feast or famine. I should first state that I am blogging to avoid going outside in the heat and working in my yard. I love to work in my yard - but it's just too bloody hot out right now to do that. So, I am killing time until it cools off a bit. Plus, my backyard faces west and it's just brutal in the back right now, which is of course where I need to do my work :-P

So, I've been emailing back and forth with this guy - J. We seem to have some stuff in common and he sent me his number and asked me to call tonight. He has two kids and is about my age (early 30s) or so. He's not quite as tall as I normally like guys to be, but since I am apparently shrinking (according to my doctor) than I guess it's alright. I might call him just to see what he sounds like. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

Okay, so problem #2. I guy I used to date about a year ago called last night and we chatted for about an hour. We had decided that we were better as friends, and we sometimes do things together, but mostly we just talk on the phone about once a week. Well, he wants to introduce me to one of his friends. According to C, his friend - K - and I are "a perfect match". C does know me pretty well, so I'm kind of nervous. I've never been "set up" before. I think K already has my number, since C kept asking me last night if I would be home and if I would be busy tonight. So, I may get a call from him.

As for construction guru ....sigh..... - still no word - written or verbal. Yeah, I think that he was placating me big time. Whatever - the only thing that is frustrating is that if you're not interested in someone, don't display signals that you are. Ugh - hated. And men say WOMEN are complicated - yeah, okay, whatever. What's up with you all throwing the wrong signs around? Women may be subtle when we say "interested" - but hell, it's incredibly easy to tell if we're not!

So, dilemma - call J and hope K doesn't call and break into the conversation. Or, just say "screw it" and do my work tonight and not even worry about the phone. I'll probably do the latter - I've got a ton to do tonight anyways.

Well, I suppose I need to change clothes and go out into the sauna to work in my yard. I just wish it weren't so damn hot already!

6 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, May 10, 2005, Blogger N.F. said...

I say let the phone do what it will--and you take care of you and your yard. :) (On a side note, I was set up for the very first time last month. It was a good experience, unfortunately didn't pan out, but good none the less). GOOD LUCK! :)

 
At 12:00 AM, May 11, 2005, Blogger Sascha said...

Sorry, not feelin' your pain here honey. It's gonna be 45 degrees here on Thursday.

 
At 3:07 AM, May 11, 2005, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said...

Could be nice and hotter for ya! 100 on Saturday and 101 on Sunday. My San Diego escape on Memorial Day cannot come soon enough. Time to start my hiking trips a few hours north of da desert.

DC, thought you said it was getting nice there?

 
At 10:03 AM, May 11, 2005, Blogger PC said...

Construction guys loss. Lack of intrest is one thing, not being honest about it and stringing you along is just rude, not placating. And, even if he was intrested, he's so damn slow to say anything you wouldn't want to deal with that anyway, right?

 
At 2:50 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger seaslover said...

Prince - that's pretty much the conclusion that I have come to as well. I don't need to be someone else's ego boost at this point (or any point) in my life. Heather - the phone was very occupied last night! - j

 
At 8:48 PM, May 12, 2005, Blogger Sascha said...

It *was* nice. It was sunny and in the 70's for the 1st 3 weeks of April before it remembered that it's not supposed to be like that. So now it's really cold and rainy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home