Saturday, August 13, 2005

Dependability - not!

I'm tired of being the dependable one. My friends ask for favors - even at the last minute and in some cases emergencies, and I never say no. If it's in my power to help them, I do it.

So, where are my friends this morning when I need help? Too busy to deal with me. Too tired to help out. I'm over this.

I was driving this morning, from my walk (and I've had the worst possible Saturday morning. Everything that could have gone wrong has and I've been up off/on since 4 AM) and I'm winding down the window to get some fresh air in the car and clear it out, and then I start to put the window up.....and it jams. So, my window is about 3/4 of the way closed - leaving a gap just large enough that someone could break into my car if I left it out in a parking lot somewhere. So, I call Mazda - the service guy says if I can get it up there in the next 30 minutes, he can take care of it today, but I'd have to drop it off. So, I'm calling all my friends to see if someone can meet me up there and take me home and bring me back up later. BOTH of my friends that I am calling live within about 20 minutes of the Mazda place and it's maybe 35-40 minutes back to my house depending on traffic. Can either one of them help me? Nope.

Hmmmm......I think I'm tired of being the dependable one. R called me back and said she made a mistake and has to go to the airport earlier today than she thought. Well, guess what - I can't do that today. One - if it rains, my car is going to flood. It's Florida, it's summer, it rains every freaking afternoon. Two - I have things that need to get done outside in my yard today, and I'm not waiting until this afternoon (when it rains) to do them - they need to be done now. So, sorry, can't take you to the airport anymore. I could tell she was pissed. She said, "Well, I'm going to call around and see if I can find someone else to take me then. I can't rely on a 'maybe' to take me." Well, thanks for NOT taking me to the Mazda place this morning too so I could get my car fixed.

Then, as I am driving home, trying to call everyone I know in town on my cell to see if someone could take me (and no one could), all I could think of is "Hmmm...if I were in Georgia right now, I wouldn't have this problem. My dad would be available to help me with this immediately and the problem would be solved." I'm really, really, really tired of being the dependable one.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, August 13, 2005, Blogger N.F. said...

If I was around I'd drive you home! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home