Saturday, August 20, 2005

Funk

I'm in a funk. I really can't figure out why.

I'd like to fastforward through this next year and have it be exactly one year from now - August 20, 2006 - then instead of moving furniture around in my house right now, I'd hopefully be moving furniture OUT of my house to move to Georgia.

I moved a bookshelf today and realized just how beat up my carpet is - ugh. I don't want to change it right now either, especially if I am going to leave. If I pick something that the next person doesn't want, then it's wasted money. I was hoping to put wood floors down this year - but there's no realy point to doing that either.

I sat down and read the entire 6th Harry Potter book today. Not joking. I got up early, walked, did some grading, did the yard, took a shower, then started reading. Started maybe around 11 AM, finished at 5:30 PM. Not too bad. Although I really should have been reading one of my text books for class - oh well - I never get to read for pleasure anymore anyways.

There's a house in my neighborhood for sale - it's the same model as mine. They bought it for 133K. Mine was 131K - theirs is on a slightly bigger lot. The yard is not well kept, and the fence looks like shit. They are asking 299K for it - I almost choked when I saw that. Although, it's really encouraging. If I can even get 250K out of this house next year, I would have no problem finding a place in GA, getting rid of most of my furniture that I have now (which I absolutely hate and want to get rid of anyways) and be able to not only put 20% down on a new house up there (that will undoubtably be larger than what I have now and on a bigger piece of land - and I really want a pool) and get new furniture as well. It's something that I am definitely looking forward to. I think I will shit a brick if that house actually sells for 299K - that's just a ridiculous asking price in my opinion. I'll be interested to see what it actually sells for - I will definitely watch for it. Public records online is a wonderful thing!

So, no reason for the funk. I wish I could figure out why I feel like this. Just can't pinpoint it for some reason. Oh well - maybe I will wake up tomorrow and be able to figure it out. Or maybe it's just b/c I sat around and read all day and now have no motivation to do much of anything else. .....sigh.....

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger PC said...

The thing that sucks about house prices going up is, if you own one, you can’t do anything about it. Like, I might have to sell mine. Court will probably order all proceeds to go to joint debt, and if there is anything left, we split it. So, the house I bought for $230k two years ago sells for $400k (in my dreams), then I probably walk away with $50k? And now, I have to shop for a house with $50k down? No way I could afford to move into the neighborhood I just sold my house in!

So, the funk… You might try to break patterns, go for a walk or a run, do something different outdoors. That usually helps me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home