Monday, October 17, 2005

FINALLY!!!

I can FINALLY shout from the rooftops that I got the new position at my work that I interviewed for two weeks ago. Now, for anyone that knows me - they will know that this was quite a feat:
I was offered the position the DAY AFTER I interviewed - I was told 7-10 days during the original interview until they made a decision. Right after I am jumping for joy (as much as I can in my car! lol I was driving when I got the call), I am told that I cannot tell ANYONE until a formal announcement is made ...sigh... instant damper on excitement. My dad has been asking everytime he calls about it - ARGH!! Then, we had our annual staff retreat and several people asked me point blank about it and I STILL couldn't say anything - the retreat occured the DAY AFTER I got the position. So, I kept completely quiet about this for TWO. WHOLE. WEEKS. This is a MIRACLE for me (sorry for all the shouting - I'm just so happy I can finally tell the world!!). I don't really want to say what the job is - but it does tie in to my second master's degree = more experience = automatic internship for spring = one more thing on the resume :)

On a totally different note - I had an incredible walk with Jedi tonight. There is a small retention pond that the trail is next too, and all the birds (mostly grackles and sparrows) were all coming in to roost for the night on the cattails in the twilight. We were walking into them as they were coming in. Some dove right at us and maybe missed me by 5-8 feet or so. It was amazing. To have this mass of birds flying around you and over you swooping in past you was just an incredible site and feeling. I almost wish I would have had a camera, but I also think this is one of those rare moments in life where you really had to BE there to really understand how it felt - it was wonderful!

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger N.F. said...

Congrats on the job! :)

 
At 9:40 PM, October 31, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Seaslover - I know this is off-topic, but I just got the comment that you left on the blog, and YES - I would LOVE to hear your story about the psychotic guy! If you want, you can send it to me via my e-mail link off the blog, and let me know if you want it posted on the Online Dating Diaries or not.

Oh, I agree with feather123 - congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home