Friday, September 23, 2005

Addendum to previous post

This is what I mean when I can be a real Bitch:

I had a roommate in college - T - that would FRY BOLOGNA and leave the pan on the stove. We finally sat down and talked to him about this and simply said, please turn around (a whole 3 feet) and place the pan in the sink with water and soap. We were not even asking him to wash it or put it in the dishwasher - just put water and soap in it to kill the smell. TWO DAYS LATER: I come home from class - pan with congealed grease on stove - whole apartment was rank. So, what did I do? I became a bitch - I put the pan in his bedroom IN HIS BED. And, I kid you not, he slept with it for 3 days before he realized it was even there. We never had a problem after that.

I get to a certain point where I think that I have been more than fair about something and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have to ask an adult man to clean up his dishes every day - I'm not his mom and I have better things to do with my time than remind him to clean up his own dishes - which is what he asked me to do this AM - and I said no. After the point where I feel I have been more than fair and patient, I'm going to let you know that I've been pushed over the edge - and it's not going to be a pretty sight. Unfortunately, I am part Irish and I have the temper to go with it. I do a pretty good job of controlling it, but I'm reaching the boiling point soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home