Saturday, January 21, 2006

Mini-vaca day

I had an amazing day today. No cell phone, no computer, no phone. And, I didn't have to drive.

I went with a UCF group to Crystal River to snorkel with the manatees. I think I got some pretty good pictures of two that were sleeping. R and I also found two across the main channel and swam over. They were playing and scratching on the rocks and we were able to scratch them when they approached us. Then, they stirred up the sand and mud so much that we couldn't see them coming up from underneath us. It's a little disconcerting to know that there is a 1500+ pound animal under you somewhere and you can't see it and have no idea where it's going to surface.

It was relaxing, the weather was phenomenal, and the day was just perfect. I will try and post some pics once I get them developed if they turn out decent.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Sascha said...

ok, I'm jealous. It was sunny and 29 here today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home