Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Resolutions

Several of my friends have asked me what "Resolutions" I am making for the New Year. Well, I don't make resolutions. I set Goals. I think there's a difference. When you set a goal, you are planning for a specific achievement for the future and you plan out your steps (usually small) to get there. For instance, if I have a Goal to finish grad school, then I know each week what I need to do with my classes and time to accomplish one class at a time. If I resolve to finish grad school - what does that mean? Resolve just means you have willpower to do something. Willpower gets you no where in school in my book. Time management and organization and planning get you through. Any comments on this? Anyone disagree?

My goals are also kept somewhat private. Some I tell other people about, but others are for me and me alone. Isn't that how things should be?

1 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger PC said...

but... goals are harder to make excuses for when I F--- Up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home